Our Policy is available on our website at https://www.kaboodle.com.au/privacy-policy.
Collection Of Your Personal Information
1. Personal information means information which identifies you, or information from which you may reasonably be identified. Our company may collect the following types of personal information about you, including:
• Your name, date of birth, age, gender or sex
• Your identification information, including your signature, driver licence number and other identification numbers, such as passport number
• Your contact details, including residential address and business address, telephone number and email address
• Your purchases and orders from our company
• Your vehicle's registration number
• Your business
• Your employer
• Your digital information, including cookies, data entered, device identifiers, including your IP address, time and location data, file metadata, tags/pixels, referring website, versions of software you've used, and user activity, including added items to a basket, added items to a wish list, app installations, app launches, links clicked and purchases made
• Your financial information, including your bank details, your credit card details, and your credit history
• Where you are applying for a job at our company, details about your previous employment, qualifications and/or similar information
2. The main ways in which our company collects your personal information, include:
• When you purchase or ordering goods and/or services from our company
• When you contact our company, including submitting any inquiry about our goods and/or services, providing feedback, making a complaint, seeking a refund, or attending an event
• When you are a supplier of goods and/or services to our company
• When you interact with our company through social networking platforms
• When you subscribe our company's mailing lists, or use our company's online applications, (where applicable)
• When you participate in a trade promotion we hold (where applicable)
• When you request a quotation for a service provided by a third party that our company uses to deliver a service to you
• When you submit a job application with our company
3. Our company may also collect your personal information from:
• Publicly available sources, such as from the Australian Government (for example, through the Australian Securities and Investments Commission), online search platforms as well as social media platforms (for example, Facebook)
• Anyone you have authorised to give your personal information to our company, or anyone you have given your authority to act on your behalf
• Any person who provides information to our company for law enforcement and/or loss prevention purposes
• Anyone you nominate if you submit a job application with our company
• Our companies, including information relating to your transactions or other matters with the related companies, including visiting their websites and applications
Use And Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
4. Our company uses and discloses your personal information in relation to carrying on our business, which includes the provision of goods and/or services to you as a customer of our company.
5. Our company may use your personal information to do any of the following:
• Charge you for goods and/or services our company supplies to you as a customer, and to issue you with tax invoices and receipts for your purchases of our goods and/or services
• Provide you with information about our goods and/or services from our company or our supplier
• Deliver our goods and/or services to you as a customer of our company
• Review any feedback and/or complaints that you provide to our company
• Provide your with refunds and/or replacements (where applicable)
• Market our company's goods and/or services
• Hold trade promotion competitions and events
• Personalize content presented to you, including on our company's website, and ads on other websites or platforms
• Monitor our company's sales of goods and/or services
• Seek feedback from you as a customer of our company, including providing surveys
• Identify your goods and/or services preferences
• Perform data processing, including analysing data, market research results and trends;
• Manage the supply of goods and/or services from our company's suppliers of goods and services
• Monitor and measure your use of our company's websites and/or mobile applications
• Help our company to develop and deliver new goods and/or services
• Help our company, our suppliers and Related Companies, as well as other third parties in its investigations for law enforcement and/or loss prevention purposes
• Help our company in its investigation and/or prevention of any suspected and/or actual breaches of the law and/or criminal activity
• Recruit staff by our company
• Procure contractors by our company
• Meet any other purpose our company discloses to you upon collection of your personal information
• Meet any purpose directly related to any action above
6. To carry on our company's business, our company works with a number of third parties and our company may disclose your personal information to others including:
• Third parties for facilitating the provision of goods and/or services to you as a customer of our company, including our company's suppliers of goods and/or services
• Third parties for providing services to our company relating to our company's business operations, including monitoring and analysing data and trends in relation to your transactions and preferences as a customer, and operating and maintaining our company's website and applications
• Third party platforms, including social media platforms, for example Facebook, displaying advertising and/or content based on your personal information
• Third parties providing administrative and operational services to our company relating to our company's business
• Our company's professional advisers to enable them to help provide their services to our company, including lawyers, accountants and financial advisers
• Third parties helping our company in the investigation and/or prevention of any suspected or actual breaches of the law or criminal activity
• Government agencies, law enforcement agencies and/or other third parties, as legally required and/or authorised by law, for example, to comply with a court order, warrant or legal process
• Other persons our company disclosed to you upon our company's collection of your personal information
• our Related Companies who may use your personal information to analyse data and trends for helping better understand your preferences and needs
Transfer Of Your Personal Information Overseas
7. Our company may provide your personal information to service providers who are located overseas, so your information may be held by our service providers overseas. Your personal information may be transferred and stored in the following countries: Australia.
8. Your personal information will only be transferred and stored overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
Dealing With Our Company Anonymously
9. If it is practicable to do so you may deal with company anonymously, including by using a pseudonym. If so, please note that our company may not be able to provide you with our full range of goods and/or services where it may not be practicable or possible to do so.
Advertising And Marketing
10. As part of our company's business activities and functions to promote the goods and/or services we supply to you, our company may use, and disclose your personal information collected from you by our company, and/or it's Related Companies, to third parties for the purposes of advertising and marketing, including direct marketing. In general, our company will participate in direct marketing if you have requested and/or consented to receiving direct marketing communications. You may opt out of reviving such communications from our company at any time by:
• clicking or pressing on the opt-out link
• following the steps provided in our company's direct marketing communication
• managing your own preferences on digital platforms
Security And Storage Of Your Personal Information
11. Our company will take all reasonable steps to help protect the security of your personal information that we collect from you. Our company has implemented security measures to reasonably protect your personal information under our company's control against unauthorised access, disclosure, interference, loss, misuse, or modification. Our company seeks to ensure that your personal information held electronically by, or for, our company is thru secure servers and under controlled facilities.
12. Our company cannot guarantee any data transmission by you via the internet will be secure. Therefore, our company cannot warrant the security of your personal information as transmitted by you to our company via the internet.
Use And Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
13. Under Australian privacy laws, you have the legal right to request access to and correction of your personal information collected and held by our company, including requesting data deletion. Your request for access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal information by our company may be made by following the steps under the section below entitled "How To Contact Our Company".
14. You may be prompted by our company to verify your personal identity upon requesting access to, correction of or deletion of your personal information by our company. This is to ensure that your personal information is disclosed by our company to only you.
15. Our company will respond to your request for access to, correction of, or deletion of your personal information within a reasonable period of time, and no later than thirty days following the date of your request.
16. If our company refuses to provide you with access to your personal information, correct your personal information, or delete your personal information, our company will provide you with reasons in support of the refusal. If you do not agree with the refusal, you have the legal right to make a complaint. See section below entitled "Questions And Complaints".
Questions And Complaints
17. If you have any questions or wish to make a complaint in relation to this Policy, our company's collection of your personal information, or the manner in which our company has dealt with your personal information, you will need to direct this to our company's Privacy Officer using the contact details below under the section entitled "How To Contact Our Company".
18. Our company will take all reasonable steps to investigate any complaint made by you with a view of resolving your complaint. If you do not agree with our company's proposed resolution, or if our company does not respond to you within thirty days following the date you made your complaint, then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner ("OAIC") to seek assistance in resolving your complaint:
Website Address: www.oaic.gov.au
Telephone Number: 1300 363 992
19. Our company's website may contain links to third-party websites. Should you access any third-party website(s) from our company's website, please note your personal information may be collected by the third-party website(s). Our company is not responsible to ensure that your personal information collected by any third-party website is protected. Our company encourages you to be mindful about this when leaving our company's website.
How To Contact Our Company
20. You can contact our company in writing or via email:
DIY Resolutions PTY LTD
P.O. Box 338
Somerton VIC 3062
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Our company may change or update this Policy at any time and create a notification on our company's website advising of significant changes. The latest version of our Policy will be available on our website and was last updated on 19 October 2021.